These cookies are great for a quick grab and go breakfast or snack any time of day. I love them because they feel like a real treat but are packed with protein, healthy fats, fibre and are completely sugar free! They are also very customizable depending on what you have on hand in your cupboard. These cookies are vegan but I personally love to add collagen peptides to mine which no longer makes them vegan. You do not have to add this but I love collagen for its amazing benefits. It adds protein, is completely flavourless and is amazing for gut health, hair, skin and nails.
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp ground flax mixed with 5 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup ground almonds/almond flour or any ground nuts
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup rolled oats (can sub buckwheat groats or more nut flour for grain free paleo option)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 1/2 cup chopped dried figs or any dried fruit you like (raisins, dates etc)
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs (NOT chocolate chips!)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds or pumpkin, sunflower seeds etc
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder or extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- optional: 2-4 tbsp of honey or pure maple syrup for a sweeter cookie ( add if you or your family isn’t quite adjusted to completely sugarless treats!)
- optional: 1-2 scoops of collagen peptides (it is tasteless and has so many benefits!)
Mash bananas and stir it your “flax egg”, almond butter and vanilla. Add all your dried ingredients and mix until combined. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use a large spoon to scoop 8-10 large cookies onto sheet and slightly flatten with the back of your spoon. Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes.