This quick and easy dish packs a ton of flavour in just 30 minutes. It is hearty and filling with just enough spice. It is also very versatile. You can really use any veggie you have in the fridge. Coconut milk makes it rich and creamy and chickpeas add protein to make this a complete meal. It is also delicious served over brown rice or quinoa!
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each of: turmeric, cumin, coriander, sea salt
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 sweet potato chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- large bunch of kale chopped
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- garnish: lime, green onion and cilantro
In a large pot heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add your onions, garlic and ginger and sauté for a few minutes. Add red pepper, sweet potato and any other veggies you’d like (don’t add kale yet!) sauté for a few minutes more while you add your spices. Stir the spices in and then pour in the coconut milk along with 1/2 a cup of water. Simmer with the lid on for about 15 minutes. Remove lid and add chickpeas and kale. Simmer for a few minutes and season to preferred taste. Serve in bowl with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, green onions and cilantro.